Sunday, November 14, 2010

Cozy

The snow is falling....a great time to cuddle up in a blanket with a good book, light a candle, and enjoy some good quiet time. I absolutely love Anthropologie's Sweater Weather Candle Tins and their yummy scents of winter. And, my favorite read these days is A Praying Life, by Paul E. Miller. This refreshingly honest book is enlivening my dry spirit. Below are just a few statements that Miller makes that I particularly related to...just a taste of what the book has to offer.

"If I get an answer to prayer, sometimes I'll think, It would have happened anyway."

"Come overwhelmed with life. Come with a wandering mind. Come messy."

"If you are going to enter this divine dance we call prayer, you have to surrender your desire to be in control, to figure out how prayer works."

Enjoy this lovely Sunday and be encouraged to pray. The Lord will meet you!! 

We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
Romans 8:26
 
http://images.bookbyte.com/isbn.aspx?isbn=9781600063008







No comments: