Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Surprise!!

This year my sister Kim decided she wanted to cook Thanksgiving dinner. We started out thinking we'd have four or five people for dinner and ended up with eleven. My parents flew in from Michigan and surprised us on Thanksgiving day. I don't think Shane or I have ever been so shocked. It was really exciting and special. I haven't spent Thanksgiving with my parents in 7 years!! We had a wonderful day filled with family, new and old friends, lots of laughter and overly full bellies. I have to say, I think my first attempt at cooking a turkey was a success. My parents were only in town for a day and a half so we spent the next few days soaking up time with them. Hiking in Boulder and meeting Kim's new dog were a few highlights.


Shane and Dad


Andrea, Joy, and Joy's mom who was visiting from Dallas


Andrea, Joy, and Olivia....friends from our Community group




Kim's new dog Louie


A trip to Boulder would not be complete without a hike up Boulder's famous Sanitas trail.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Christine & Shane,
We truly had a wonderful time on our recent visit. I wish we could spend more time together! Less than a month until Breckenridge
dad